Local Spokane non-profit, Beyond Pink, will be hosting a community-wide Lunch and Learn event open to the general public. There, our founders, Charlie Brewer and Karla Schubach, along with Dr. Alycia Policani from Evergreen Naturopathic will share with you about inflammation, preventing breast disease, the importance of thermography and how Beyond Pink gives back 100% of our net proceeds to the community.
The event will be held on September 15th at 11:30am at 4102 S Regal St, Spokane, WA 99223 in the 2nd floor conference room – it will run for approximately an hour and a half. We will provide a light lunch. Please join us in learning more about your breast health!
We do ask for a small monetary donation of $5, this will be used help cover the cost of lunch and to secure your spot in our limited, exclusive Lunch and Learn.
BREAST HEALTH BY THE NUMBERS:
• Washington State has one of the highest rates of breast cancer in the nation.
• 85% of women with breast cancer have no family history.
• 80% of breast cancers are estrogen receptor positive.
• 48,000 or more women die each year from breast cancer.
• Nearly half of breast cancer deaths are of women under the age of 50.
• Women under the age of 40 tend to have more aggressive cancers.
• Men get breast cancer too, 2,700 did last year.
• Thermal imaging can detect breast disease up to 10 years before a mass is large enough to be seen on any other screening tool.